See that huge boost in the low-mid (screen shot #1 -- brown EQ band)? I didn’t do that, but it was there when I opened my session. That unexpected bump seems to even be saved in every single session backup file - so there’s no going back. My guess is that the plugin doesn’t correctly (or at all) save its values in the session file, so when PT tries to open the plugin, from any .ptx file or any session backup, it can’t ...more »
1) Have a long continuous clip. 2) Have separate clips that you would like to use as guides to cut the above continuous clip. 3) Using the Object Grabber tool, select the individual clips and move them onto the continuous clip (note: the first "guide" clip and the continuous clip have the same start time). 4) Cut. 5) The beginning and ends of the continuous clip are not cut correctly. Behavior is displayed in this quick ...more »
Update installed, new session.
Assertion in "/Volumes/Development/212377/ProTools/App/Document/UProToolsWindowPresetMgr.cpp", line 234.
- Launch Pro Tools (non-HD using a "Pro Tools Perpetual" or "Pro Tools Subscription" license)
- Open a session containing VCAs or add VCA Tracks
On multiple systems I have observed that when exporting or bouncing files, selecting 48kHz multiple mono on the bounce/export options page results in 44.1kHz files being encoded. I work in post production and regularly send MP3 'work in progress' updates to my clients/colleagues, and it seems a bit unnecessary that files would be down sampled at my end to 44.1kHz, and then upsampled at the receivers end back to 48kHz! ...more »
Pro Tools 12.8.1 hangs on freeze and commit on sessions which where started on HD system with PT 10. Doing a "save sessions copy" gives same result :
Pro tools Hangs with blank // freeze progression dialog staying blank and the flying wheel turning endlessly
The CPU usage will spike to 100% for no reason, even when nothing is playing. There are sometimes "Pro Tools ran out of CPU power" messages. This also happens with all plug-ins removed from the plug-ins folder, as well as when there is no session open and the software is simply open. Greatly increasing the buffer helps some, but this is an unacceptable solution, as it adds latency. I spoke with Avid Pro Tools support ...more »
1) Launch Pro Tools
2) Set Playback Engine to Mbox 3
3) Check bottom of Options Menu for Low Latency Monitoring
1. create a new session
2. create a tick-based mono audio track
3. drop some mono audio on it
4. flip the track's view to 'pan'
5. with Smart tool, highlight/select the middle of the audio file (clip) and pull-it either up or down to create "knife-edge" automation curve
We seriously need a notification if you're going to be dropping an audio clip onto another .
sometimes when dragging long pieces of audio,you can accidentally overwrite a clip further down the timeline that you can't see.
Just a notification stating that there audio where you're dragging onto.....
I know it's not impacting everyone, but for me, going from 12.7.1 to 12.8.1 introduced a new crash which happens every time I try to quit the app: it just shows the generic 'Send to Avid' crash reporter. Apparently, the same happened for some others who tried 12.8.0 also. For me, it's completely tied to whether or not I have Guitar Rig 5.2.2 in my plugins folder or not, but there could well be other plugins related to ...more »
When committing MIDI to audio by drag&drop onto an audio track, the current state of (some?) CC data is ignored. This can cause committing by this method to produce a different result than committing by using the Commit command. It also fails to extend the committed audio clip to accommodate ongoing audio signals. PT 12.8.1